Drinking water contaminated by chemicals like Fluoride, Lead and Chlorine can be extremely harmful to our body.
According to a research, there are 300+ contaminants found in regular tap water.
Among them, Fluoride, lead, chlorine are the most common.
Not all the filters available on the market have the ability to reduce all these chemicals.
To make your buying decision easier, I have researched the internet for different options available in this category.
Here is the list of 3 best water filters that removes fluoride and chlorine.
Best filters for lead, chlorine and fluoride removal
1. Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher [Best pitcher filter for Fluoride removal]
- This pitcher filter is capable of filtering out most harmful chemicals like lead, fluoride, chromium.
- Doesn’t strip out healthy minerals like calcium and magnesium.
- Best for Fluoride removal: Removes 90% of fluoride.
- Storage capacity of 0.5 gallon
- Slow filling time which gets more as the filter is used.
- There is no reminder for filter replacement.
2. APEC (ULTIMATE RO-90) [Best RO for Fluoride removal]
- This RO filter has 5 stage filtration process which removes 99% contaminants like arsenic, chlorine, lead, fluoride, heavy metals, bacteria, virus.
- WQA Gold seal certified.
- Comes with lead-free chrome Faucet.
- Can filters 90 gallons of water per day @60psi.
- Built in USA.
- Excessive amounts water is wasted in RO systems.
- Water pressure above 40psi required to work efficiently.
- PH or Alkaline water filter is not available for adding minerals back.
Also, check similar 6 stage RO by ispring which has remineralization filter for ph balance and natural tasting water.
3. Big Berkey Water Filter System [Best for Portability]
- This filter has the capacity of 2.25-gallon capacity, ideal for a family of 3.
- Comes with one set of fluoride filters which removes 95% of fluoride.
- Gravity-based (requires no electricity).
- Best for people who move frequently.
- Prevents healthy minerals.
- Manual filling of water is required.